KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS COUNCIL 5476
“TAKING CARE OF OUR OWN”
A CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL $1000 SCHOLARSHIP
SAINT BRIDGET CHURCH EIGHTH GRADE STUDENTS
For more information Click on St Bridget
The www.saintbridgetchurch.org website link
to K of C Scholarship
“The time is now”
“Together, let us grow our Catholic Faith”
“Join us now, to make this happen”!
The St. Bridget Knights of Columbus Council 5476
Catholic High School recognized and celebrates our Pastor William H. Carr’s exemplary leadership in support of Catholic education.
This Merit scholarship is awarded annually by the St. Bridget Knights of Columbus Council 5476. The qualified applicant is a Catholic eighth grade student whose parent(s) are registered members of St Bridget Catholic Church. They must be attending a public, private, or parochial middle school or is home-schooled within the Richmond Diocese.
This student plans to attend any accredited Catholic High School in September of the student’s graduating year.
Based on these criteria, all rising Catholic freshmen are invited to apply for The Knight of Columbus Council 5476 Catholic High School $1000 Scholarship.
The Scholarship Review Board will be made up of four Knights of Columbus Council 5476 officers as Trustees.
The prospective Catholic High School Freshman scholarship applicant must complete the following criteria:
- Submit completed Saint Bridget Church Knights of Columbus Council 5476 Catholic High School Scholarship application;
- Submit an acceptance letter from your chosen Catholic High School;
- Submit an essay between 200-250 words (typed, double spaced) discussing “Why I want to attend a Catholic High School”. Only the top of the first page will contain the scholarship applicant’s name and the content will not mention any family names as this essay will be read and evaluated objectively by the scholarship board anonymously. (Please do not include any personally identifying information in the essay);
- List the various voluntary services performed and/or participating in at our church or in the local community;
- Provide a written recommendation from our Pastor or our Assistant Pastor.
- Provide a written recommendation from school Principal or Assistant Principal.
The Knights of Columbus Council 5476 – Scholarship Committee must receive your application and supporting material no later than Monday, May 3. 2021 for scholarship consideration for the Fall semester.
If you have any questions, please contact Scholarship Chairman Gary Port 741-8666 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org please use the identifier K of C 5476 Scholarship in the Subject line.
The completed application and supporting documents are to be mailed or delivered to:
St Bridget Catholic Church
Knights of Columbus Council 5476 – Scholarship Committee
6006 Three Chopt Road
Richmond, Virginia 23226
Please “cut & paste” the following into a Word document –
Date of Birth_____________________
Date of Graduation_______________
Enclose seventh and eighth grade transcripts.
High School Choice_________________________________________________
Provide details of church/community services performed in the past three years.
These details must be typed on a separate sheet of paper.
On my honor I have been the sole author of the essay “Why I would like to attend a Catholic high school”.
I have provided my (mandatory) most current middle school or home-schooled scores per the above requirements.
I have enclosed a copy of my Acceptance Letter from Benedictine College Prep High School or St. Gertrude High School. My parent(s) have complied with my target high school’s financial aid filing requirements.
Be sure all items on this page are completed.