What path will Biden Choose?
By David Carlin, Published through “The Catholic Thing”.
Joe Biden, a Democrat who happens to be a Catholic, is now officially running for President of the United States. And he’s doing so in an effort to save what he calls the “soul” of America.
His assumption seems to be that there are two (more or less Platonic) Ideas of America currently struggling for dominance, the true Idea and the false Idea. I suppose he sees himself and his views as symbolizing the true America, while he sees Donald Trump and his views as symbolizing the false America.
If Biden is to be the Democratic candidate, he will, of course, have to embrace and endorse the beliefs and values that currently prevail in the Democratic Party, and these beliefs and values include the following:
1. Abortion is a fundamental human right.
2. Homosexual behavior is a fine thing for people who are born that way; and anybody who disagrees is a homophobic bigot.
3. Same-sex marriage is a fundamental human right.
4. The U.S. Constitution, thanks to the theory of substantive due process, protects all human rights; and it’s up to any five members of the U.S. Supreme Court to decide what is, or what is not, a human right.
5. Non-liberal whites are almost always racists.
6. It is a great duty of the U.S. government to protect those among us who are most oppressed; namely, blacks, other persons of color, women, undocumented migrants, Muslims, homosexuals, transgender persons, and criminals (including drug dealers) who have committed no violent crimes.
7. When the rights of churches or religious individuals collide with the rights of the above-listed victim groups, the former must give way to the latter.
8. When the rights of parents collide with the rights of their transgender children, the former must give way to the latter.
9. Almost all our social ills can be cured, or at least significantly mitigated, by actions of the federal government.
It is with regret that I say it, but my old and dearly loved party has become a party of atheistic anti-Christianity. This is Biden’s party, and if he doesn’t embrace its values he won’t get its nomination.