The American Red Cross is asking healthy individuals to make it a summer full of life by donating blood. The messages below can be relayed to donors while scheduling appointments.
- As we head into late summer, blood donors are urged to make an appointment to ensure a strong blood supply – especially as vacations wrap up and students prepare to head back to class.
- In most cases, there’s no blood donation deferral if you received a COVID-19 vaccine and you’re symptom-free and feeling well when you come to give. Learn more at RedCrossBlood.org.
- There aren’t enough people donating blood to help people in need. Do you know someone who has never donated before? Please encourage them to make an appointment with you.
- [FOR DRIVES WHERE POWER REDS WILL BE COLLECTED] Eligible donors with types O, B negative or A negative blood are encouraged to make a Power Red donation at this blood drive.
- Power Red donors give a concentrated dose of red blood cells during a single donation, allowing them to maximize their impact.
- During this type of donation, red blood cells are separated from other blood components, and the plasma and platelets are safely and comfortably returned to the donor.
- Save time with RapidPass®. Complete your pre-donation reading and health history at RedCrossBlood.org/RapidPass or with the Blood Donor App before your appointment.
- Eligibility questions? Call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit RedCrossBlood.org.
YOU CAN HELP!
- Encourage friends and family to give at your drive. Visit our Blood Drive Management Portal at rcblood.org/portal to find tools for a successful blood drive as well as additional social content.
- Post the messages below to social media and ask your committee members and donors to share:
- The Red Cross needs our help to ensure enough blood is on the shelves for patients in need. Join us <date> from <time> to <time> at <location>. Sign up now: rcblood.org/donate
- End summer on a high note and help save lives! Make your appointment to give blood with the Red Cross at our blood drive <date> from <time> to <time> at <location>. Schedule now: rcblood.org/donate
- A diverse blood supply is important! Actively recruit donors of all ethnicities to give at your drive. A patient is more likely to find a compatible blood match from a donor of the same race or a similar ethnic group.
- Blood donations from individuals who are African American are urgently needed to help meet the needs of patients with sickle cell disease. Find more information at RedCrossBlood.org/OurBlood.
- Send appointment reminders to scheduled donors. If donors cannot keep their appointments, encourage them to download the Red Cross Blood Donor App, visit RedCrossBlood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS to find another donation opportunity.