Dear Parishioners of Saint Bridget Church,
The Knights of Columbus (KofC) wish to share some wonderful news! The Jennifer Stivers Campaign to Save the Lives of the Most Vulnerable has reached the finish line!
Recently an order was placed for three new ultrasound machines for the Pregnancy Resource Center (PRC) of Metro Richmond, the leading provider of medical services to pregnant women who are considering terminating their pregnancies.
The ultrasound campaign was blessed from the start and certain to be successful!
- The only goal of this initiative is to save the lives of unborn babies through the use of ultrasound technology. More than 80% of mothers who view an ultrasound image of their child will choose to deliver their baby.
- This initiative honors the life of Jennifer Stivers. She loved the unborn, and many chose to honor Jennifer in a tangible way by generously contributing.
- The initiative was strongly endorsed by our pastor, Monsignor Carr, who encouraged the Knights to move forward with his blessing. We also received the approval and support of Bishop Knestout and the Diocese of Richmond Center for Marriage, Family, and Life.
- The Saint Bridget Knights of Columbus made this a core priority for 2019 and our brothers and Council were very generous in their financial support.
- Our Saint Bridget parishioners also contributed generously to the initiative showing their strong support for mothers and their unborn babies.
The National Knights of Columbus Ultrasound Program matched the contributions from our parishioners and Knights dollar-for-dollar. This program has enabled the placement of over 1,000 machines across the nation to protect the unborn – now 1,003!
Fundraising was very successful. Including the matching funds from the National KofC, over $87,000 was raised, allowing the PRC to procure three new ultrasound machines, including placing one for its new medical center on the South Side of Richmond.
After the ultrasound machines are installed, Bishop Knestout and Monsignor Carr with bless them for their use in supporting the wonderful mission of the Pregnancy Resource Center.
Council 5476 of the Knights of Columbus at Saint Bridget Church thank all parishioners for your generosity! We are inspired by and deeply gratified to witness the commitment to life across our Saint Bridget Parish. All this was accomplished through the grace of God, who is all good!
Barton Leahey, Grand Knight
Greg Stivers, Chairman of the Board for the Pregnancy Resource Center
Ron Campbell and John McCulla, Co-Chairs