Dear Brother Knights,
This Sunday is the first Sunday of the month and it is our weekend to do donuts. Please help out if you can at the 9:00 and 11:00 Masses. The set up usually takes about twenty to thirty minutes so arrive at least a half hour before mass begins. Then after Mass the serving and clean up take about another 30 minutes or so. It is not difficult so if you have never done it before stop by and we will show you what to do.
- Here are the basic steps:
- Make a pot of regular and a pot of decaf coffee.
- Remove the donuts from the boxes and put them on platters. (Some of the donuts can be cut in half for the small children)
- After the priest processes out of church (but not before).
- Place the platters of donuts on the tables
- Pour and serve the drinks – milk, lemonade, orange juice and water. (Adults can serve themselves coffee)
- After the crowd disperses after 9:00 mass.
- Everything back to the kitchen.
- Leave the coffee pots on the counter – the 11:00 mass will replenish them.
- Clean all of the platters used and leave in the dish strainer.
- Make sure the kitchen looks nice and neat.
- After 11:00 mass.
- The coffee pots will be emptied and cleaned and put away.
- The platters will be washed, dried and put away.
- All the counters will be wiped and the kitchen left nice and clean.
Wow! Wasn’t that easy and soooo much fun!? Join us this Sunday all you who attend the 9:00 and 11:00 masses. Your families can help too!
Jay Pierotti, KOC Council 5476 Minister of Donuts