Each year for the past several, I don’t know how long, Mike Kozak has been organizing a trip for the men of St. Bridget to visit Washington DC. The primary task is a pilgrimage the Shrine/Cathedral on the campus of The Catholic University of America, and in the past to stop at some other Catholic religious sites in the area. The day is capped off with lunch at one of the city’s Irish Pubs. It has always been a wonderful day of fellowship, and we want to invite anyone interested to join the caravan north on Saturday March 14th.
Here is the latest message from Mike Kozak:
I have the happy news that Father Stefan will be with us for a private Mass at the Shrine this year. I have asked if there is a Slovakian Chapel at the Shrine suitable for Mass that we could reserve. Failing that, I have requested the Chapel of Our Lady of Czestochowa for our Mass. He is excited especially about lunch at the Irish Pub.
- Date: Saturday, March 14, 2015
- Depart St. Bridget @ 6:30m
- More coffee at The Shrine 8:30 a.m.
- Guided Tour of Shrine 9:00 a.m.
- Confessions or Private Prayer 10:00-11:00 a.m.(Fr. Stefan or there is also Confession available at the Shrine Chapel this hour)
- Holy Mass @ 11:00 a.m.
- Private Prayer/Bookstore/Gift Shop 11:45 a.m.-1:00 p.m. During this time, I usually arrange a nearby side trip for those in the group that want to venture outside the Shrine. This year it will probably be to either the Dominican House of Studies or the newly renovated Shrine of St. John Paul II across the street from the Shrine
- 1:00 p.m.Stations of the Cross in the Crypt Church (lower level of The Shrine of the Immaculate Conception)
- 1:45-2:00. Head to Irish Pub for Luncheon
- 3:00-3:30Depart for St. Bridget and often return in time for evening Mass
Please ask those who want to attend to email me at email@example.com include their mobile phone contact, and let me know if they have a land yacht available for carpooling.
Hope to see many of us this Saturday at the Diocesan Men’s Conference.