This year the French Food Festival that benefits the Little Sisters of the Poor will be held on Saturday, April 20th, 2013
AND boy, do they have a deal for you! How would you like free, hands on, cooking lesson from a world renowned, Master Chef?
Chef Paul Elbling, who mentored such famous chefs as Emeril Lagasse, will be giving FREE 4-6 hour cooking lessons for 5-6 lucky people! You will learn to prepare 4 of his signature dishes. You will prepare:
- Boeuf Bourguignon (Savory beef burgundy with vegetables and rice)
- Crêpe de Coquille St. Jacques (Creamed scallops, shrimp and crayfish served in a French crêpe)
- Bouchée à la Reine (Veal, chicken, and mushrooms served in a puff pastry with creamed velouté sauce)
- Normandie: Coulibiac de Saumon (Crusty filet of salmon coulibiac w/spinach, lobster sauce)
In addition to this fabulous event, you will help out the Little Sisters of the Poor. Because of the popularity of this event, we will be extending the hours and need to prepare more food. Chef Paul would like to prepare each dish on a separate day.
The dates are:
- March 9th from 10am-4pm-Boeuf Bourguignon
- March 16th from 10am-4pm-Bouchée à la Reine
- April 9th or 11 (TBD) from 5:30pm-10pm-Crêpe de Coquille St. Jacques
- April 18th from 5:30pm-10pm-Normandie: Coulibiac de Saumon
This FREE offer is limited time only so please let me know ASAP.
PS: We will need help on the day of the Festival serving these wonderful delicacies. You can sign up for shifts at: http://www.rvafrenchfoodfestival.com/fff/ and sign up for Chef Paul's tent. Contact Gene.
Please forward the above website to anyone you know who may be interested in volunteering to help out for the festival.