Regarding the Virginia Catholic Conference
Perhaps something from the Virginia Catholic Conference can be included on our web site. My “letter” mentioned below was sent by the Conference on my behalf. If such a letter is sent by EACH Council member, some positive action may take place. All this is in keeping with the messages from the US Bishop Conference and the Vatican.
If you go to the VA Catholic Conference web site, http://www.vacatholic.org/ you may be able to get their message etc. to be placed on our web site for use by our Knights – not only of our Council but others as well!
Sent: Wednesday, August 8, 2012 7:19:49 AM
Subject: Support Respect for Rights of Conscience Act
Thank you for using VA Catholic Conference Mail System.
Message sent to the following recipients:
Message text follows:
75 West Square Dr
Richmond, VA 23238-6158
August 8, 2012
[recipient address was inserted here]
Dear [recipient name was inserted here],
Please support and work for the enactment of the Respect for Rights of
Conscience Act (H.R. 1179, S. 1467) this year.
As of August 1, the Administration’s contraceptive mandate went into
effect for most employers. This mandate requires most health plans to
cover sterilization and contraceptives, including drugs that can cause an
abortion, even when employers and employees have moral or religious
LINKS From the VA Catholic Conf. Website:
Catholic Dioceses in Virginia
State Catholic Conferences
Other Catholic Links
- The Holy Bible
- Vatican: The Holy See
- USCCB (United States Conference of Catholic Bishops)
- USCCB Marriage Unique for a Reason
- Faithful Citizenship Resources
- Justice for Immigrants
- The National Committee for a Human Life Amendment
- Office of Justice and Peace, Richmond Diocese
- Catholic Charities – Diocese of Arlington
- Commonwealth Catholic Charities
- Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia, Inc.
- Catholic Charities USA
- Catholic Relief Services
- The National Catholic Bioethics Center
- Mid-Atlantic Catholic Schools Consortium